Did I mention that I used to be good at math? Well, I was very good at Algebra, geometry....but please, don't give me any word problems!!!
And that's what knitting is....word problems. I finally figured out what was going on with my sweater for Cathy. The beautiful little Tee made with Bamboocle. I've ripped it out 3 or 4 times and I think this time I've got it. I had to do some heavy duty math. How many stitches per inch do I have with the pattern size needle; size down; still too few sts/inch. So calculate how many sts I have per inch on the smallest size I can knit and still have the cloth look good, then multiply by the number of inches needed for the width I want and voila - I'm down from a size 20 pattern to a size 16. But my sweater diameter will be perfect.
Finished the back and am now working on the front. It may not get done for her birthday, but it's already 2 years late, so what's another few weeks.