Friday, March 4, 2011

Continued...

I'm struggling with those heels and have put them aside for a while until my friend and trusted knitting companion gets back from Oaxaca.


I wonder if I've taken too much away in trying to get rid of all the worn yarn. I may have to ditch the project. A shame because I really love the lace on the top of these socks.





 Meantime, I struggle with gauges. I've been frustrated with my sister's sweater size. I think I've ripped this thing out at least 4 times and tried other patterns.  I've changed needle sized and dropped to the lowest size and I still get something big enough for 2.


As you can see, I have 5 sts/inch, and the pattern calls for 6 1/4sts/inch. This is the back and it should measure 20 1/2 " at the bottom edge and it's 30". So you see my problem. When I did my gauge it came out perfectly. I must get looser as I go. This time I'll try 2 sizes smaller needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment